Who says bald men are less attractive or have a less winning appearance? If someone said it, it was a huge mistake! We have proven the opposite many times and now we'll just help you make the best of your look by giving some helpful tips of bald men fashion.
Pay closer attention to:
1. Upper body - The upper body of a shaved headed man looks bigger. The reason for that is a bald head which looks smaller in contrast. So, the first and utmost advice for you: avoid wearing big and loose bulky shirts.
2. Trousers - To choose the right pair of trousers, make sure they are not too long and there are two or three creases only as the fabric tends to gather around your ankles. Another piece of advice for you: keep away form too baggy or skinny trousers, neither of them looks cool!
3. Wardrobe - Another helpful fashion tip for men: update your wardrobe at least 2 times in a year. This way you will catch up after the trends of each season and will always look fresh and new.
4. Comfort - To run the risk of cutting off your blood supply with clothes that are too small give your preference to the ones that are more comfortable. Remember, you will look good when you feel good!
5. Colour - Normally the hair on the head provides a contrast with the skin colour. That’s why bald man’s scalp colour is the most dominant aspect of your appearance. And the only way you can create contrast is with the colour of the clothes you are going to wear. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
Darker colours with light skin tones: Pale skin tones look great in natural colours and in darker hues as they compliment your peachy undertones. A bald man with light skin should try colours such as burnt orange or forest green, grey and brown. But avoid white and pastel colours as they will wash your complexion out.
Light-toned neutrals with medium skin tones: Medium skin tones have an olive-coloured tint. If the monotone look is not the one you were looking for, avoid colours like yellow, orange or olive undertones. The winning option for a baldie with medium skin tone will be natural light colours or royal purple, deep red, black and navy.
Bright colours with dark skin tones: Dark skinned man with a shaved head looks perfect with any colour. However, the shades of brown that resemble your skin colour will again create a monotone look. So, the best choice is bright colours, white and even black.
6. Patterns - Another interesting solution to complete bald men’s fashion style is using some trendy patterns. Patterns will blow of fresh air and will accomplish a sinewy and expressive look of yours. Here are some of the trending patterns of 2019 you can have in mind: Vertical and horizontal stripes, geometric designs, letters, words or sentences and abstract florals.
7. Age - Keep in mind one of the most important aspects of bald guy fashion: dressing your age. By making the decision and shaving your head bald you are closer to a younger appearance, so get even closer and choose clothes which will correspond your age. Too baggy clothes, sandals with socks and outdated trends will make you look up to 10 years older than your real age. And vice versa, too skinny clothes and teenage trends for bald men over 50 will create a strange and detached look.
8. Occasion - Not only the age but the occasion as well needs to be taken into account while choosing clothes. One should be careful choosing outfits for special events, theatres, galas etc. Some kinds of events just require a presentable appearance and that’s where you need to meet the expectations. Continue reading to find out helpful tips for creating your night out style.
9. Season - Always dress according to the weather and the season outside. Above all the men’s fashion trends your health and well being is always the most important. Besides, freshening your daily look with new pieces of clothes and accessories for each season will make your appearance even more interesting.
10. Accessories - Accessories are a must-have for a bald man. Try some fashionable hats in the summer and beanies in the winter. To complete men’s autumn/winter fashion look a piece of a nice scarf and some gloves can be added. It’s a great idea wearing a pair of glasses corresponding your face shape and style.
11. Beard - A shaved head with a nice piece of beard is an excellent combination, which you must try. A bald man with a beard is a new fashion icon of these days. To know how to choose the right beard style in accordance with your face shape and the style you want to create, read our previous article.
12. Muscles and Tattoos - Muscles and tattoos express the manly and tough side of a man. They look crazy and wild, but at the same time masculine and sexy especially with a clean shaved head. So don’t be afraid to give it a try no matter what is your age.
All these attributes form and compile your overall look and choosing them correctly is not so obvious sometimes! But first things first! Pick a style to match your persona:
Some helpful tips for creating your look
Now, it’s time to create your entire look with our ultimate men's style guide. First and foremost, choose a style that matches your character or the one you’re willing to create. The next step will be finding your preferable style from the list below and read about the key factors which will help to get the entire image of it. Sometimes our jobs and meetings require some formalwear and business dress code, which also needs to be thought through in detail and to which we have rebounded too.
Tough Guy Look
- Leather jacket and ripped jeans
Rock the bald head tough guy look with a black or brown leather jacket. Spice it up with ripped jeans and ready to go!
Leather cuff, bandana, a band t-shirt and a nose ring - this is all you need! If you are vegan, no need to worry: vegan leather is easier to find nowadays.
Keds, skater shoes with the long tongue and laces, Doc Martens and Timberlands - not a thing is missed out.
Grow out a beard
Nothing can give a man with a bald head the tough and masculine look better than the facial hair. A correctly chosen beard can put everything in its place. Read our previous article to find out how to choose the right beard type according to your face shape.
Get a tattoo
Probably one of the best ways of creating a manly look is getting a tattoo. Get it on your chest, legs, biceps, back, forearm or upper arm. The trending ones for a masculine look are the scalp, tribal tattoos, animals, names and lettering tattoos.
The Bald Hipster Look
There are numerous men’s fashion ideas for creating a bald hipster look so let’s discuss all of them one by one:
Avoid buying labelled clothes
Typical hipster fashion tip for bald guys is buying from local fashion stores which offer mixed styles and modes.
Give preference to skinny colourful pants
Here are a few bald men fashion tips for choosing the right pair of hipster trousers: skinny pants of bright colours such as green, blue, red, yellow etc.
Liven things up with a pair of glasses
Oversized glasses with a plastic frame will be the right decision. The wayfarer glasses of different colours are the beloved ones of hipster baldies. Find out what are the right glasses frames according to your face shape by reading our previous blog post.
Tops with vintage floral or checkered
One of the vivid characteristics of bald hipsters are vintage floral top, tops with characters from children's TV shows, with ironic quotes or texts etc.
Men’s Fashion Casual Look
image courtesy: http://bit.ly/2qfMSOa
Casual clothes are all important in every bald man’s wardrobe since they are suitable for weekends, outings and hangouts with friends etc. It’s a piece of a cake creating some interesting casual look for bald men:
T-shirts or a casual shirt
A casual t-shirt or simply a shirt of a solid colour or with a trendy print is something! Create your casual style by combining a shirt with a nice pair of jeans and the final touch could be a handsome blazer or a fine jacket. Put the emphasis on bold patterns and bright colours in order to break the monotony and fill in the absence of hair. The linen-cotton shirt with sackcloth trousers will be the next excellent choice of yours for creating a daily but interesting look!
Jeans and again Jeans!
From the 1960s onwards, jeans have become very common and today are considered to be inseparable component of a man’s daily clothing collection. But keep in mind that neither too baggy nor too skinny ones will do. Make sure to choose the ones that are comfortable, fit well and create a flattering fashionable look.
The final say!
Define your proportions and look leaner with a cool belt, add a cool pair of glasses and a nice cap. And most importantly, wear a pair of comfortable pair of shoes. That’s it, the casual look is ready to roll!
Formalwear and Professional Look
Classy formalwear is the very thing a bald man can wear to cut a dash at work or at the business meetings. Spice up your wardrobe with these considerations:
Button-down shirts and slacks
For a professional look, the best choice is a button-down shirt with a slack. You can play with colours, patterns, prints or breathe a new life to your look with classy fashion shoes for men and a blazer.
Play with colours, patterns and prints
Professional does not mean humdrum or tedious. Visually interesting garments are inevitable for bald men. Use trendy colours and tones, add interesting and up-to-date patterns and prints to make your appearance interesting. But look out not to cross the line! Keep in mind, each season has its specific colours in trend and following them is totally a good idea.
Dress shoes for your winning look!
Classy dress shoes can not be missed out from a bald men’s wardrobe. Nothing else can gild your professional look better than a pair of dressy shoes of neutral colours such as brown, black, dark blue and grey. This is the collateral of your winning professional look!
Men's fashion blazers
Blazer will fulfil your look and give a more professional appearance to you. Again and again, play with the colours and break the monotony! Choose between dark blue, grey, black colours they are always in trend.
Classy and Night Out Wear
As a bald man, the unusual colours and combinations of patterns and prints is the very thing you should experiment with. Black and white has been and will always be classy, but trying something new is always interesting and captivating.
Extravagant and experimental pieces next to neutral ones!
Having think black trousers and button-downs is safe. But for creating an interesting look you need to add garments that stand out from the rest. A great option for a man with a shaved head is a uniques blazer of an extraordinary colour or pattern, a jacket with an astonishing and eye-popping print or an embroidered shirt.
Black and white - never boring
Undoubtedly, black and white pieces always remain in trend. Have this outfit in a wardrobe and you will always be ready for a Night Out or a special occasion. Black, for instance, is an unbeatable way of creating a manly and masculine look for baldies. On the other hand, adding some colour will reveal your self-confident side and underline the interesting characteristics of yours.
Want to make a mind-blowing look? Add accessories to your outfits like fashion watches, brooch, hats, scarves, sunglasses and glasses. The importance and the effect of these accessories are incontestable since they break the monotony of the skin colour.
Men's fashion trends of 2019
To sum up and to help you during your next shopping here are the men's fashion trends of 2019 to look out for:
Tapered Pleated Chinos
Leather-Trimmed Mesh Sneakers
All-Over Print Logo Down Jacket
The final say
We have tried to reveal the latest fashion trends for bald men and tried to simplify your path of creating a trendy look. Now you know the key factors that must be taken into account and all the tricks for creating each and every type of style. We are pretty sure you are ready to conquer the world of fashion! You think something is missing or just want to share your opinion? Do not hesitate to leave your comment under the article!!